10 Reasons To Stay Fit
Do you need some reasons to get fit and stay fit over the holiday season? Well just in case you do here are the Top 10 medical reasons to stay fit and active over Christmas and into the New Year. The holiday season is a great time to take the time to create a new fitness program for yourself and can then be included in your new year resolutions.
Top 10 list of reasons to exercise this holiday season.
1. Exercise helps keep your arteries flexible and malleable, which prevents heart disease and heart attacks.
2. If you have metabolic syndrome, losing as little as 6.5 percent of your body weight results in substantial reductions in blood pressure, glucose, triglycerides and total cholesterol, all factors that lead to heart disease.
3. Exercise prevents the growth of fat that surrounds the midsection, which is angry, dynamic fat that actively contributes to diabetes and resulting vision loss and limb amputations.
4. Fat around the midsection is also associated with inflammation that leads to damaged blood vessels, heart disease, liver disease and Alzheimer’s disease. Exercise helps prevent this.
5. Exercise lifts your mood by increasing serotonin levels in your brain.
6. Exercise can be a social activity, which is associated with higher incidence of general happiness.
7. Strength training improves bone strength and prevents osteoporosis.
8. Strength training and flexibility helps prevent injuries caused by everyday activities like lifting things and hopping over puddles.
9. Participating in team sports like flag football, softball, basketball or sand volleyball enhances hand-eye coordination and improves your reflexes.
10. Exercise tones your muscles and makes you leaner.
happy holidays and a balancenoosa new year!
Related articles by Zemanta
live a balanced life…
3 Comments »
Amino acid Anti-Aging antioxidant Australia balance Beauty beauty services in Noosa Blood pressure Blood sugar Body Image Business Cancer Coconut oil Dehydration detox diabetes Diabetes mellitus type 2 diet Dietary supplement Exercise Fatty acid Fitness food Gaiam Gardasil Glycemic index Happiness Health health retreat Heart disease HPV vaccine Hypertension Immune system Inflammation Insulin resistance Iyengar Kids and Teens law of attraction life massage Meditation metabolic syndrome Muscle Netanya Noosa Noosa Shire Nutrition Obesity Omega-6 fatty acid Personal Training Physical exercise Pilates posture Quantum mechanics resort retreat Shopping Skin Skin Care Sleep Social network Sports stand tall Stress Sunshine Coast Queensland Thought Vaccination Vitamins and Minerals Water Weight loss Wellness Women Yoga yoga balance yoga retreat
Are you wondering about what kind of eating plan is best for you?
Do you wish someone would just explain how to eat right?
Are you feeling sick, tired and overweight and want an explanation?Check out our downloadable books: "A Rainbow on My Plate" "Sick, Tired & Overweight" Downloadable Books
- 74,469 hits
Million Blog List