10 Reasons To Go Organic With Your Skin Care
Image via Wikipedia
It’s a shame to have to let you in on skin cares dirty little secret, BUT most skin care that is labelled organic or natural – ISN’T! The terms natural and organic are often (more often than not) misleading, in Australia and the US a product only needs to be 5% natural to be called ‘natural’ and they don’t even police the word organic.
So why do you care? Here are some reasons why:
- Your skin is your largest organ (yes it is an organ) it is meant to act as a barrier that helps to keep our other organs safely on the inside and dirt and other foreign matter out. However it is not plastic and therefore not waterproof: skin breathes or we would actually suffocate, it absorbs things like water and products we put on our skin – are there would be no point putting anything on our skin. So with this in mind lets’ look at some more reasons to go organic.
- Organic and natural products (the real ones) have no nasty petrochemicals such as mineral oils, sodium laurel and laureth sulphate, propolene glycol (anti-freeze) etc.. these ingredients are potentially toxic and all petrochemicals are mistaken by the body as estrogens and we wonder why we are having so many menopausal symptoms and cancers are on the rise. Estrogen overload from xeno (foreign) estrogens is one of the majoy causes.
- It has been estimated that the average women puts over 200 chemicals onto her skin every day, over 60% of which are absorbed into the bloodstream and many of these are known to be carcinogenic, neurotoxic and hormone disruptors. This includes shampoo’s, conditioners, antipersperants, skin care products, and makeup. Your skin is an organ, can you imagine painting your heart or your liver with petrochemicals and expecting it to be healthy?
- Organic products contain natural ingredients similar to those our own body produces to keep us healthy and supple and that goes for our skin as well. Your skin will recognise those ingredients as welcome and use them to integrate with its own useful measures to keep your skin looking younger. Cleopatra bathed in milk, it was her big secret,
- Natural, organic products are more ‘active’ they often contain up to 95% active ingredients (excluding water) rather than the usual 5% active ingredients in a 95% intert base found in most everyday personal and skin care products.
- Natural, organic products contain antioxidants, amino acids, botanical extracts, pure essential oils, fatty acids, clays, floral extracts and more that promote healthy skin by enriching it from the outside in, in a form that is more compatible with our bodies.
- They not tested on animals _ there is no need to.
- Natural. organic products are environmentally friendly as many of the products found in your skin care are toxic to the environment as well as toxic to you. Many of those ingredients are washing down our drains, into our oceans, farms, water supplies and back into our bodies recycling those toxins over and over again.
- Organic products have been grown without the use of pesticides or artificial fertilisers and this means you are not only helping your skin and your health by avoiding them, the ripple effect is that you are encouraging earth safe farming practices by choosing organic and helping to prevent more toxic buildup in our dump sites.
- Last but by no means least – you are going to have much younger looking skin and save the planet at the same time. You just might avoid becoming unhealthy because of your skin care products, including lesening your risk of rashes, excema, asthma, cancer etc… All the while feeding your skin with beautiful emollients, floral waters, herbal waters, lipids and fatty acids, minerals and clays that your make your skin glow and feel amazing!
balancenoosa’s range of skin care is totally organic and natural in every sense of the word, we have sourced products and advice from a top skin care expert who specialises in organic products and even out preservative is organic and natural so you can be sure when you book your facial or other beauty services with us while on holiday in Noosa, you will only be getting the best nature can provide.
live a balanced life…